Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gifts / Regalos de Navidad




NON-PAREILS

This year the gifts I gave for Christmas were these delicious non-pareils. At first, I was not sure why they were called this name, but after making them for the first time some months ago and seeing that I had to make them one by one, I started looking for a mold online to make my life easier. But I never found a mold, and then I realized that I was never going to find one. A mold for non-pareils does not exist for the simple reason that there cannot be two identical candies. That´s why they are called NON-PAREILS, which literally means no-equal. 

Este año hice non-pareils y jabones cómo regalos de Navidad. No estaba segura de por qué les llaman así. Después de hacerlos por primera vez, pensé que podría facilitarme la vida comprando un molde en lugar de hacer uno por uno. Me ahorraría mucho tiempo y sería más fácil pero no encontré el molde. Lo estuve buscando en Internet y nada. Después me di cuenta que nunca lo iba a encontrar. El encanto de los non-pareils es que no existe uno igual a otro, por eso le dicen así, no-parecidos. No hay dos iguales y creo que también hay más encanto si hago yo cada uno sin utilizar un molde. 





I also made soaps for Christmas gifts. I made some exfoliants like blueberry and apricot, and moisturizing soaps like oatmeal with coconut, oatmeal and honey, and chamomile with honey. All made with organic ingredients. Mmm they smell delicious....

También hice jabones para regalar. Hice exfoliantes de mora azul, avena con coco, durazno, avena con miel y manzanilla con miel. Todos con ingredientes orgánicos. Mmm huelen delicioso...



No comments:

Post a Comment