Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Decorations / Arreglos de Navidad

Here are two of the Christmas decorations I made this year for our condo, for Michael and I. 

This is a Christmas tree. The snowflakes were a gift from Susie, my mother-in-law. She bought them at the New York Metropolitan Museum. They are thin wooden snowflakes which I glittered and hung them on some branches that I found on the streets of Berkeley. Then I decided to give a little more color and I placed 8 red cards with a thought in each one. It is a thankful thought of this year 2010. Michael wrote 4 and I wrote 4. I love our sui generis Christmas tree!




Estos son dos de los arreglos de Navidad que hice este año para Michael y para mi.

Este es nuestro árbol de Navidad. Los copos de nieves fueron un regalo de Susie mi suegra. Los compró en el Museo Metropolitano en NY. Están hechos de madera muy fina por eso casi no pesan nada. Les puse brillantina plateada y los colgué en unas ramas que encontré en las calles de Berkeley un día caminando. En unos ganchitos colgué unas tarjetas rojas cada una con un pensamiento. Michael escribió 4 y yo 4. Me encantó nuestro sui generis árbol de Navidad!



This is another Christmas decoration. My mom gave me this little cute nacimiento. It is from Mexico. As it is so little and I wanted to highlight it, I decided to introduce it into my cheese dome and sprinkle it with gold glitter. This is the result. I like it so much! 

Este es otro de los arreglos de Navidad. Mi mamá me regaló este mini nacimiento que me encanta. Es de México. Es tan chiquito que lo quería resaltar y decidí ponerlo en mi domo para queso, le puse tantita brillantina dorada y este fue el resultado. Me encanta!

No comments:

Post a Comment